Values and Ethos
'Many working as one, striving for the best!'
Please see our Curriculum Vision in the curriculum section of our website for further information.
Catherine Wayte Primary School aims to be a thriving purposeful community of learners where adults and children work together in an environment planned for high quality teaching and learning and where all those involved in the successful development of children work closely together for school improvement and development.
Our children are entitled to high standards of teaching that will help them to achieve their full potential in terms of education and independence.
In delivering our curriculum we focus on a range of skills, knowledge and understanding. We aim to:
- Develop children’s ability to communicate so that they become effective, competent and confident communicators.
- Foster children’s ability to build good personal relationships.
- Develop their self-esteem so that they feel valued and value others.
- Encourage a positive and caring attitude to others and the world around them.
- Encourage the children’s ability to become as independent as possible and encourage them to take pride in their achievements.
Our aims for all children are that:
- they should be safe, secure and happy in school.
- they have equal access to the curriculum, regardless of ability, gender, race or religion.
- they acquire the necessary skills of literacy and numeracy in order to raise levels of achievement within and beyond the National Curriculum.
- they experience a broad and balanced curriculum where knowledge, skills and understanding can develop at a pace matched to individual needs.
- they experience the security and satisfaction that comes from consistent good teaching, a stimulating learning environment and ongoing active parental interest and support.
- they develop an appreciation of the importance of responsible behaviour, courtesy and consideration for others.
- their social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is promoted, in order to prepare them to become valued members of an ever-changing, multi-cultural society.