Pupil Premium Grant provides funding for two purposes. It is made available to schools to:
- Raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap with their peers
- Support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces.
Pupils eligible for Pupil Premium Grants:
- Ever 6/FSM - Pupils who have been registered for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last six years.
- Post-LAC - Pupils who were looked after by a local authority immediately (before being adopted) or who left local authority care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order). These are collectively referred to as post-LAC.
- LAC - Pupils who have been looked after (LAC) for at least one day
- Ever 5 service children - Pupils (who were recorded in the January school census as having 1 or both parents in Her Majesty’s Forces) as being who were eligible for the service child premium in any of the previous 4 years as well as those recorded as a service child for the first time on the January school census.