arrow-right alert arrow-down close email arrow-up phone map translate search    
Can't find what you're looking for?
Translate / Traduire / Übersetzen / Tłumaczyć / Išversti / Tulkot / Traducir
School Logo

Catherine Wayte

Primary School

SEND Provision at CWPS

At Catherine Wayte, we are a fully inclusive school, committed to offering the best levels of provision for all of our learners, whatever their needs.


Mrs Lisa Hawkins

Our SENDCO, Mrs Lisa Hawkins (left) works tirelessly - with the support of all our staff and our SEND Governor, Mrs Sharon McCran (right) - to ensure that every pupil's needs are met.

What happens if a child has SEND?

When a teacher suspects a child may have SEND, they’ll discuss this with the parents and Mrs Lisa Hawkins (SENDCO). 


What provision will a child with SEND receive? 

It is important that a child with SEND feels their needs/difficulties are recognised and they are involved in the planning of their support. The class teacher and child work together to create an Individual Support Plan (ISP) which details support and outcomes for the child to work towards. The child's strengths and areas they would like support with are detailed on the ISP.


Three times a year the child reviews their plan with the teacher. In additional to this, parents are invited to review and update the ISP with their child and the class teacher on three further occasions. Every time an ISP is reviewed, parents are given a copy of this plan to refer to at home and the child keeps their copy in school. Children with SEND are added to the school’s SEND register so their progress can be carefully monitored by the class teacher and the SENDCo.


 Who will work with the child?

The best support for a child with SEND comes from the class teacher. At times, familiar teaching assistants will run interventions, hear readers and carry out targeted group work set by the teacher. In some cases, professionals, outside of school, are asked to come in and work with children. We let parents know when this is going to happen.


Who do I contact if I have a concern?

The class teacher is the first person to contact if there is a concern about a child’s progress. Mrs. Hawkins is also available for advice and can be contacted via email